For crying out loud. I really do not like this C-41 process game, and it does not like me. However, I’m sticking with it, but it is fighting me back. Ok confession time. First attempt. Screwed up totally, although sort of salvaged a few sprocket hole images. I’ve posted on that one before, so I wont go into detail. Second attempt. I accidentally poured some used bleacher into the fixer storage drum. I’ve checked with the swots on an analog forum – the verdict is that it’ll gradually degrade and to use it ASAP. I did however pretty well process a 24 exposure of 35mm, although it wasn’t a very good shoot. I took it in my 50p Olympus XA2, and it included the above image, of the chapel of rest, in the disused General Cemetery in Wisbech.
Third attempt – just now. I processed two 35mm films in the Paterson tank together. Too early to say how they’ll turn out, I’ll see tomorrow. However, I accidentally dropped 600 ml of precious C-41 developer to waste. I wanted this stuff to last 6 – 8 months, but it isn’t looking good.
Maybe I’m just too much of a rush-about klutz to process my own C-41 colour film. Too much worrying about temperature, too many jugs. It’s certainly another learning curve.